Why Join the Impresarios Club?
The Impresarios Club is a dynamic community of young professionals (aged 19–40) who share a passion for the TSO. As an Impresarios Club donor, you will make connections with other like-minded music lovers and TSO musicians—all while providing vital support for your Orchestra’s acclaimed performances and music-education programs. Impresarios Club membership starts with a gift of $100 or more annually.
To have the greatest impact, consider a monthly gift of $10 to join the Impresarios Club. As a committed Music by the Month donor, you will provide a steady and reliable source of funding for the Orchestra in a way that’s convenient for you.
Your monthly gifts and recognition will continue without interruption, though you can contact us at any time to cancel or adjust your gift amount. The Impresarios Club is an annual donor membership program. A minimum full-year commitment is required to maintain access to donor benefits.
Impresarios Club Donor Benefits
In appreciation of your support, we are pleased to offer donor benefits designed to engage, inspire, and deepen your connection with the music you love.
We are incredibly grateful for every gift to the TSO. All donations of $20 or more receive a charitable tax receipt, as well as:
- A subscription to our donor e-newsletter, including curated digital content.
- Digital access to Noteworthy donor magazine.
- Invitations to view live-streamed Donor Open Rehearsals.
All donor benefits are extended to a donor household (two people) or to a donor and their guest (max. two people) for one full calendar year from the time of their gift.
- Invitations to Impresarios Club Concert Socials and Salon events.
- Advanced access to purchase single tickets for TSO concerts.
- Access to an Impresarios Club priority ticketing phone line.
- An invitation for two people to attend an in-person Donor Open Rehearsal.
All of the above benefits plus:
- Invitations for two people to attend three in-person Donor Open Rehearsals.
- An invitation for two people to attend a Donor Library Tour.
- A guest pass to experience the Maestro’s Club Lounge during one of your TSO concerts at Roy Thomson Hall (admits two people).*
- Recognition of your support in the TSO Annual Report.
*Advanced reservation required. Some restrictions may apply due to capacity limitations in the Lounge.
All of the above benefits plus:
- Access for two people to the Maestro’s Club Lounge for all TSO concerts at Roy Thomson Hall (amenities include private washrooms, complimentary coat check, and refreshments).*
- Guest passes to experience the Maestro’s Club Lounge during a TSO concert at Roy Thomson Hall (admits two people).
- Invitations to select Maestro’s Club events.
- Invitations for two people to attend all of our in-person Donor Open Rehearsals.
- Recognition of your support in our online donor listings on TSO.CA.
*Complimentary refreshments include non-alcoholic beverages, as well as wine and beer. Liquor and spirits are available for purchase. For the 2022/23 season, Maestro's Club Lounge access is deemed to have a fair-market value of $125. As required by the Canada Revenue Agency, $125 of your Timpani gift is not tax-deductible. You may choose to decline use of the Maestro's Club Lounge and receive a full tax receipt.
Your Gift at Work
Philanthropy is a significant source of funding for the TSO every year, and now more than ever as we celebrate our 100th anniversary.
Your support will help fund:
- Our exceptional concert programming on the main stage.
- The artistic growth and engagement of our talented musicians.
- The commissioning of new works to expand the orchestral repertoire.
- Music-education programs like School Concerts for grades K-12 and Digital Teacher Resources.
- The development of next-generation artists through the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra (TSYO), our Resident Conductor and Affiliate Composer positions, and our partnership with Women in Musical Leadership.
- Relaxed Performances designed specifically to be sensitive to and welcoming of neurodiverse audiences, including patrons on the autism spectrum, those with sensory and communication disorders, people with learning disabilities, or those who simply want a more relaxed concert experience.
- Health and wellbeing programs like TSOUND Connections—which uses music and technology to connect seniors in care with TSO musicians to reduce social isolation and support positive mental health—as well as our burgeoning partnerships with Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, the YMCA of Greater Toronto, and CAMH.
Young Leadership Council
The Young Leadership Council is a standing volunteer committee of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra. The YLC supports the TSO in fulfilling its mission through broadening the reach of the TSO in the community and fostering meaningful connections with younger patrons of the TSO as ticket buyers, donors, and volunteers.
At this time, the central role of the YLC is to act as an advisory committee that supports the growth and success of the Impresarios Club membership program, the primary vehicle for attracting and stewarding younger donors. Members of the YLC are typically members of the Impresarios Club for at least one year prior to being nominated to the Council.
Danielle Ryterband, Co-Chair
Rachel Spiar, Co-Chair
To make a donation, or for more information, please contact:
Insiya Foda, Development Coordinator, Annual Fund
Also in This Section
Your concert experiences are made possible in part by donations from music lovers like you. Make your gift today!
Donors keep the music playing. Our donor listings celebrate the incredible philanthropic leadership in our community.
Friends of the TSO
The Friends of the TSO provide a critically important base of funding to support the TSO’s acclaimed performances, and vital community and education programs.