Suitable for grades 9–12
Music teachers are invited to bring their students to Roy Thomson Hall for the unique learning opportunity of listening to a professional rehearsal.
Your group will be seated in the choir loft—practically in the orchestra!—watching over and overhearing the musicians as they prepare for the concert. During the rehearsal break, students will even get to talk to a TSO musician and ask them any question they may have about music.
This free and extremely popular program is available to high school music classes only. Space is limited; only one rehearsal may be booked per school each season.
For more information, please check out our Open Rehearsal FAQ.
How to Book
- The MTSO Open Rehearsal Schedule will be updated as rehearsal dates fill up.
- Dates marked as “OPEN” have space for two classes to book.
- Dates marked as “OPEN—One Space Available” have space for one class to book.
- Dates marked as “FULL” are no longer available to be booked.
- Please email TSO Education Staff at schoolconcerts@TSO.CA to be added to our wait list.
- If space is available, an official booking confirmation will be emailed to you within 1-3 business days.
- If the rehearsal is full, your school will be added to our wait list.
For more information, please kindly contact TSO Education Staff at schoolconcerts@TSO.CA.