Why Become a Maestro’s Club Donor?
The Maestro’s Club is a group of dedicated philanthropists and city-builders whose generous support plays a direct part in the success of one of the world’s finest orchestras. Donations from Maestro’s Club members allow the TSO to serve our community through life-enriching performances of great orchestral music. Maestro’s Club membership starts with a gift of $2,500 or more annually.
To have the greatest impact, consider a monthly gift of $210 to join the Maestro’s Club. As a committed Music by the Month donor, you will provide a steady and reliable source of funding for the Orchestra in a way that’s convenient for you.
Your monthly gifts and recognition will continue without interruption, though you can contact us at any time to cancel or adjust your gift amount. The Maestro’s Club is an annual donor membership program. A minimum full-year commitment is required to maintain access to donor benefits.
Maestro’s Club Donor Benefits
In appreciation of your support, we are pleased to offer donor benefits designed to engage, inspire, and deepen your connection with the music you love.
All Maestro’s Club donations will be recognized with a charitable tax receipt for the maximum allowable amount allowable under Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
Maestro’s Club donor benefits include:
- Access to the Maestro's Club Lounge for all TSO concerts and Roy Thomson Hall performances (amenities include private washrooms, complimentary coat check, and refreshments).*
- Passes to invite additional guests to the Maestro’s Club Lounge.
- Maestro's Club Ticketing Concierge service for all of your personalized ticketing needs.
- Priority subscription and performance seating.
- Invitations to donor events like Donor Open Rehearsals, Donor Backstage Tours, Donor Library Tours, and exclusive Maestro’s Club events.
All donor benefits are extended to a donor household (two people) or to a donor and their guest (max. two people) for one full calendar year from the time of their gift.
Looking for more? Our Music Director’s Circle is composed of generous donors who express their passion for the TSO by making significant contributions toward the Orchestra’s artistic vitality, education, and community-outreach programming. Learn more about tailored Music Director’s Circle recognition opportunities.
*Complimentary refreshments include non-alcoholic beverages, as well as wine and beer. Liquor and spirits are available for purchase. For the 2022/23 season, Maestro's Club Lounge access is deemed to have a fair-market value of $125. As required by the Canada Revenue Agency, $125 of your Maestro’s Club gift is not tax-deductible. You may choose to decline use of the Maestro's Club Lounge and receive a full tax receipt.
Your Gift at Work
Your support will help fund:
- Our exceptional concert programming on the main stage.
- The artistic growth and engagement of our talented musicians.
- The commissioning of new works to expand the orchestral repertoire.
- Music-education programs like School Concerts for grades K-12 and Digital Teacher Resources.
- The development of next-generation artists through the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra (TSYO), our Resident Conductor and Affiliate Composer positions, and our partnership with Women in Musical Leadership.
- Relaxed Performances designed specifically to be sensitive to and welcoming of neurodiverse audiences, including patrons on the autism spectrum, those with sensory and communication disorders, people with learning disabilities, or those who simply want a more relaxed concert experience.
- Health and wellbeing programs like TSOUNDConnections–which uses music and technology to connect seniors in care with TSO musicians to reduce social isolation and support positive mental health–as well as our burgeoning partnerships with Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, the YMCA of Greater Toronto, and CAMH.
Maestro’s Club Ambassadors
The Maestro's Club Ambassadors are a dedicated team of volunteers seeking to build long-term donor relationships in support of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra. An integral part of the TSO team, the Ambassadors focus on the renewal and upgrading of current donors as well as the cultivation of new donors.
David G. Hallman, Chair
To make a donation, or for more information, please contact:
Sarah Bullick, Associate Vice-President, Development
Isabella Powers, Senior Development Officer, Maestro’s Club
Also in This Section
Your concert experiences are made possible in part by donations from music lovers like you. Make your gift today!
Donors keep the music playing. Our donor listings celebrate the incredible philanthropic leadership in our community.
Friends of the TSO
The Friends of the TSO provide a critically important base of funding to support the TSO’s acclaimed performances, and vital community and education programs.