Why Become a Maestro’s Club Donor?
The Maestro’s Club is a group of dedicated philanthropists and city-builders whose generous support plays a direct part in the success of one of the world’s finest orchestras. Donations from Maestro’s Club members allow the TSO to serve our community through life-enriching performances of great orchestral music. Maestro’s Club membership starts with a gift of $2,250 or more annually.
To have the greatest impact, consider a monthly gift of $190 to join the Maestro’s Club. As a committed Music by the Month donor, you will provide a steady and reliable source of funding for the Orchestra in a way that’s convenient for you.
Your monthly gifts and recognition will continue without interruption, though you can contact us at any time to cancel or adjust your gift amount. The Maestro’s Club is an annual donor membership program. A minimum full-year commitment is required to maintain access to donor benefits.
Maestro’s Club Donor Benefits
We will be launching a new donor benefits model for our 2022/23 season in the late summer/early fall of 2022.
All Maestro's Club members will be kept up to date on the impact of their support through member communications, including our Noteworthy e-newsletter and donor magazine, and engaged through:
- Invitations to exclusive donor events—including Donor Open Rehearsals and our Maestro’s Club Spring Dinner
- Curated behind-the-scenes TSO digital content
- Priority access to TSO programming, such as advance notice of newly scheduled performances
- Access to the Maestro's Club Lounge at Roy Thomson Hall
- Exclusive Maestro’s Club Ticketing Concierge service
The Crescendo Circle is a new form of recognition that acknowledges TSO champions who pledge $10,000 or more over three years.
This stable foundation of support will help amplify the TSO’s impact and resilience through our 100th-anniversary celebrations, and in the years to come. We hope you will consider joining this dedicated circle of donors to kick-start the next 100 years of philanthropy at the TSO. As a Crescendo Circle member, you will be recognized as a contributor at the full amount of your pledge.
TSO donor Myrna Lo with Music Director Gustavo Gimeno
Your Gift at Work
Your support will help fund:
- Our exceptional concert programming on the main stage.
- The artistic growth and engagement of our talented musicians.
- The commissioning of new works to expand the orchestral repertoire.
- Music-education programs like School Concerts for grades K-12 and Digital Teacher Resources.
- The development of next-generation artists through the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra (TSYO), our Resident Conductor and Affiliate Composer positions, and our partnership with Women in Musical Leadership.
- Relaxed Performances designed specifically to be sensitive to and welcoming of neurodiverse audiences, including patrons on the autism spectrum, those with sensory and communication disorders, people with learning disabilities, or those who simply want a more relaxed concert experience.
- Health and wellbeing programs like TSOUNDConnections–which uses music and technology to connect seniors in case with TSO musicians to reduce social isolation and support positive mental health–as well as our burgeoning partnerships with Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, the YMCA of Greater Toronto, and CAMH.
Maestro’s Club Ambassadors
The Maestro's Club Ambassadors are a dedicated team of volunteers seeking to build long-term donor relationships in support of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra. An integral part of the TSO team, the Ambassadors focus on the renewal and upgrading of current donors as well as the cultivation of new donors.
David G. Hallman, Chair
To make a donation, or for more information, please contact:
Sarah Bullick, Associate Vice-President, Development
Isabella Powers, Senior Development Officer, Maestro’s Club
Also in This Section
Your concert experiences are made possible in part by donations from music lovers like you. Make your gift today!
Donors keep the music playing. Our donor listings celebrate the incredible philanthropic leadership in our community.
Friends of the TSO
The Friends of the TSO provide a critically important base of funding to support the TSO’s acclaimed performances, and vital community and education programs.