TSO Live Streams: Frequently Asked Questions
What are TSO Live Streams?
TSO Live Streams bring you music in the moment, filling your home with the sights and sounds of the live TSO experiences you know and love. Members of the Orchestra perform stirring masterworks and crowd-pleasing pops programs from the stage of our own home, Roy Thomson Hall.
Concerts will be announced on a rolling basis, and you can pay what you wish for your ticket by choosing from a few pre-set amounts. To ensure you don't miss a note, we recommend logging in 15 minutes prior to the start of each live performance, and passholders will be able to view an archived version of the live event for seven days following.
TSO Live Streams are available for purchase at TSO.CA/LiveStreams. Patrons must have an existing TSO account, or create a new account, to purchase passes and access the performances.
- How do I buy a pass?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How do I access my performance?
- Can I purchase a pass for someone else as a gift?
- Manage My Account
- How do I create an account?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I change my email address or account information?
- How to Watch
- How do I access my TSO Live Streams?
- How long will my TSO Live Streams window remain open?
- How can I watch TSO Live Streams on my TV?
- How do I connect Chromecast to watch TSO Live Streams?
- How do I connect Amazon Fire TV to watch TSO Live Streams?
- How do I connect AirPlay and Apple TV to watch TSO Live Streams?
- Can I use external audio systems or soundbars with TSO Live Streams?
- What are the browser and system requirements for TSO Live Streams?
- Can I watch TSO Live Streams on my mobile device?
- Are the recordings available on CD/DVD/Blu-ray?
- Can I record or download concerts?
- What action can I take with unwatched TSO Live Streams?
- Troubleshooting tips
- Why won't my video play?
- What are the TSO Live Streams internet-speed recommendations?
- How do I clear my browser cache?
How do I buy a pass?
Single-concert passes to TSO Live Streams can be purchased at TSO.CA or by calling Patron Services at 416.598.3375, Mon–Thu, 9:00am–5:00pm, and Fri, 9:00am–3:00pm.
- Log in to your TSO account or create one.
- From the performance listing, click on “Purchase” beside the TSO Live Streams concert you wish to view.
- On the performance page, click on the “Buy Concert” button.
- On the purchase page, click the radio button beside the amount you would like to pay for your TSO Live Streams concert. Then select “1” from the drop-down menu, and click on “PURCHASE”.
- On the shopping-cart page, review your purchase and, when ready, click “CHECKOUT”.
- On the first payment-information page, you will be presented with the option to make a donation or select “NO THANKS, NOT TODAY”. Once a selection has been made, the page will refresh.
- At the bottom of the payment-information page, you will see “Apply Gift Certificate”. If you have a Gift Certificate, enter the certificate number, including any dashes (-), and click “Apply” and then “COMPLETE ORDER”.
- If you do not have a Gift Certificate, click on “COMPLETE ORDER”, and you will be taken to the payment screen, where you will be prompted to enter your credit card information and click “Submit”.
- After the purchase has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation from tickets@TSO.CA. The email will provide instructions on how to log in to your account and access the TSO Live Streams on the “My Digital Content” page.
What payment methods do you accept?
TSO Live Streams are available for purchase online at TSO.CA/LiveStreams or by calling Patron Services at 416.598.3375, Mon–Thu, 9:00am–5:00pm, and Fri, 9:00am–3:00pm. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Patrons with a credit on their TSO account may purchase TSO Live Streams online by selecting “Apply Credit” at checkout.
To use your Gift Certificate online, enter your certificate number at checkout.
If you would prefer to apply the value of your credit or Gift Certificate by phone, call TSO Patron Services at 416.598.3375 (Mon–Thu, 9:00am–5:00pm, and Fri, 9:00am–3:00pm).
How do I access my performance?
- Log in to your TSO account.
- Once you are logged in, in the top-left corner, click on “Account” Then, under “My Digital Content”, you should see the TSO Live Streams and a “View Event” link.
- When you click on this link, you will be taken to the TSO Live Streams page.
The “View Event” link will activate 15 minutes before the performance is scheduled to begin. By clicking this link, you will be taken to the TSO Live Streams.
Following their release, concerts will be available for passholders to watch in the “My Digital Content” section of their account for seven days. However, we encourage watching the performances when they première, as they will be live and you will be watching in real time!
Can I purchase a pass for someone else as a gift?
Purchase a Gift Certificate to send to a friend or loved one, which they can use to purchase a pass to view TSO Live Streams.
Once you have purchased a TSO Gift Certificate, you will receive an electronic Gift Certificate by email. Included in the email will be instructions on how to redeem the Gift Certificate for a TSO Live Streams concert. Simply forward the electronic Gift Certificate to your friend or loved one.
Gift Certificates for Toronto Symphony Orchestra performances may be purchased online or by calling Patron Services at 416.598.3375. Learn more about Gift Certificates.
How do I create an account?
In order to purchase passes and access TSO Live Streams, you must have a registered account with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra.
How do I reset my password?
To reset your password, please follow these steps:
- Visit the TSO login page then click on “Forgot Password?”
- Enter your email address and click “Submit”.
- Check your email for the link to complete your password reset.
- If you do not receive an email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder. If the email is not in your spam folder, repeat the above steps or contact Patron Services.
- In the email, click on Click Here to Log In Now” to create a new password. Note: Your password will need to be a minimum of six characters, and contain a capital letter, a number, and a special character (e.g., !, @, &).
- Once you create your new password, you will be automatically logged in to your account.
Note: If you have previously saved your password through your web browser, when prompted, save the updated password.
How do I change my email address or account information?
Patrons can update their contact details, such as email address, mailing address, and billing address, directly under “Account” once they have logged in to their profile.
- Log in to your account.
- In the top left-hand corner, click on “Account”.
- Click on “Account Info”.
- Update the information you wish to update, enter your password, and click “Save Changes”.
Patron Services is also available to assist with any changes and can be contacted at 416.598.3375, Mon–Thu, 9:00am–5:00pm, and Fri, 9:00am–3:00pm.
How do I access my TSO Live Streams?
When your performance is available, log in to your account. Under “My Digital Content”, you will see the applicable TSO Live Streams and a “View Event” link.
The “View Event” link will activate 15 minutes before the live performance is scheduled to begin. When you click on this link, you will be taken to the TSO Live Streams.
Once the performance is released, the concert will be available for passholders to watch in their account for seven days. However, we encourage watching the performances when they première, as they will be live and you will be watching in real time!
How long will each TSO Live Streams window remain open?
Each recording will be available for seven days after its release. Please refer to your email confirmation for the date and time of your TSO Live Streams.
How can I watch TSO Live Streams on my TV?
You can enhance your TSO Live Streams experience by streaming the performance to a TV via Chromecast, Apple TV, AirPlay, and Amazon Fire TV.
Learn more about these options below.
How do I connect Chromecast to watch TSO Live Streams?
If you have Chromecast, you can screen-mirror TSO Live Streams on your TV from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
How do I connect Amazon Fire TV to watch TSO Live Streams?
How do I connect AirPlay and Apple TV to watch TSO Live Streams?
If you have Apple TV, you can watch TSO Live Streams on your television from your Apple device. Simply tap the AirPlay icon on your Apple device and share TSO Live Streams to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2–enabled smart TV.
Can I use external audio systems or soundbars with TSO Live Streams?
You can use external audio systems or soundbars to enhance your TSO Live Streams experience. Please consult the connection guide supplied by your device manufacturer for pairing instructions.
What are the browser and system requirements for TSO Live Streams?
TSO Live Streams are streamed through the Vimeo platform.
You can access TSO Live Streams from a PC running Windows 7 or later, or a Mac running macOS Sierra (10.12.6) or later.
You will also need to use the most up-to-date version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
Can I watch TSO Live Streams on my mobile device?
Most Apple (iOS version 12.4 or later) or Android (Lollipop version 5.0 or later) mobile devices should be able to access TSO Live Streams.
If you are using a Samsung phone, we recommend installing the Chrome browser, as the Samsung internet browser is not supported.
Please note that TSO Live Streams may not work on BlackBerry or Windows phones.
Are the concerts available on CD/DVD/Blu-ray?
Recordings of TSO Live Streams are not available for purchase at this time.
Can I record or download concerts?
Due to copyright restrictions, it is not permissible to record or download TSO Live Streams.
What action can I take with unwatched TSO Live Streams?
With TSO Live Streams, you have seven days to enjoy the performance and watch it as many times as you like! Given this flexibility, TSO Live Streams passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you have any questions regarding your passes, please contact Patron Services prior to your TSO Live Streams by calling 416.598.3375 or emailing contactus@TSO.CA. Representatives are available to assist you Mon–Thu, 9:00am–5:00pm, and Fri, 9:00am–3:00pm.
- Check your internet connection and test your speed.
- Try restarting your browser, app, or device.
- If you are trying to cast videos to your TV, confirm that all of your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Try closing browser tabs that aren’t in use.
- Try clearing your browser history or cache.
- Make sure you are using the Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge browsers and apps, and that they have been updated with the latest versions.
Why won't my video play?
A slow internet connection could be the problem. Check your location and the number of devices connected to your network. Both of these factors can slow things down.
A weak internet connection can also cause issues. Check the strength on your device; if it is low, try moving closer to your Wi-Fi router.
Please be sure the device and internet browser you are using meet the system requirements for streaming TSO Live Streams.
TSO Live Streams are streamed through Vimeo. Find a complete list of network and browser requirements for viewing streams here.
What are the TSO Live Streams internet-speed recommendations?
Low internet speeds or an inconsistent connection can interfere with streaming TSO Live Streams.
For consistent, high-quality streaming, we recommend a 7.0 Mbps internet connection or better.
How do I clear my browser cache?
Clearing your browser cache may resolve issues with viewing and playing TSO Live Streams content.
Steps for how to clear your browser cache are listed below.
Please note that clearing your browser cache will remove cookies and other files that may be storing your login information on other sites, and you may be required to log in again.
Mac & Windows
At the top right of your browser, click “More”. (It may appear as three dots in a vertical line or an upward arrow icon, depending on the version you are using.)
- Select “More Tools”.
- Select “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Select a time range.
- To delete everything, select “All time”.
- Check the boxes for:
- Other site data
- Cached images and files
- Click “Clear data”.
- Click the hub icon, (It may appear as three dots in a horizontal line, depending on the version you are using.)
- Click “History”.
- Select “Clear browsing data”.
- Check the following boxes:
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached data and files
- Click “Clear now”.
- Select the “History” menu at the top of the screen.
- Click “Clear Recent History”.
- In the drop-down for “Time range to clear:”, select “Everything”.
- Ensure that the box labelled “Cache” is the only box checked.
- Click “OK” to confirm.
- We recommend that you restart or refresh Firefox.
- Select the “Firefox” menu (found in the top-right corner of the screen).
- Select “Library”.
- Select “History”.
- Select “Clear Recent History”.
- In the drop-down for “Time range to clear:”, select “Everything”.
- Check the box labelled “Cache”.
- Click “OK”.
- We recommend that you restart or refresh Firefox.
- Click “Safari” in the menu bar.
- Select “Preferences”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab.
- Choose “Manage Website Data”.
- Click “Remove All”.
- Click “Remove Now” to confirm.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks! Stay tuned for details on our momentous 100th season in 2021/22!
Get insider access to Toronto Symphony Orchestra news, ticket offers, community programs, and more.Sign up for Email Club