Due to provincial regulations, all in-person TSO concerts through January 30 are cancelled. Ticket holders have been contacted regarding their options.
TSO Live-Stream Concert: Viewing Guide
- How to view the TSO live-stream concert on your computer’s web browser without installing software
- How to dial in to listen to the TSO live-stream concert without watching it
- How to screen share the performance from your computer
- How to screen mirror from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- How to screen mirror from an Android phone or tablet
The Zoom web client functions best on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
- Click the link to join the meeting.
- If prompted to open the Zoom desktop client, click “Cancel”.
- Click the “Join from your Browser” link.
- If the “Join from Your Browser” link does not appear, click on “Launch Meeting” and then “Cancel” again.
- Under “Don’t have Zoom Client installed? Download Now”, you will see “Having issues with Zoom Client? Join from Your Browser”. Click on “Join from Your Browser”.
- You will be prompted to enter your name and click the checkbox beside “I’m not a robot”. Do so, and then click “Join”.
Once you have joined the meeting, you can join the audio by computer or dial in by telephone.
- Click on “Phone Call” or “Computer Audio”.
- If you selected “Phone Call”: Follow the instructions on the screen for dialing in by phone.
- If you selected “Computer Audio”: Click “Join Audio By Computer”.
After joining computer audio, you can click on the “^” to select a different speaker connected to your computer.
Casting your Chrome browser tab to your Chromecast device
If you are using the Chrome web browser to access the TSO live-stream concert, you may cast your Chrome tab to your Chromecast device.
Make sure your computer and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once you have joined the TSO live stream using your Chrome browser, in the top-right corner of your Chrome tab, click the three dots, and then select “Cast”.
- Choose the Chromecast device you’d like to watch the content on. (Please note that, if you’re already using Chromecast, your content will replace what’s on your TV.)
- When you’ve finished, to the right of the address bar, click “Cast” and then “Stop casting”.
To listen to the performance on your phone, please follow these steps:
- Dial in from one of the phone numbers listed below:
- Local: 647.374.4685
- Toll-free: 1.438.809.7799
- Enter this Conference/Meeting ID: 962 3859 4229
- You may be prompted to enter a participant ID, but this is not required.
- Remain on the line and you will be able to listen to the performance.
iPhone or iPad screen mirroring
Use screen mirroring to see the entire screen of your iPhone or iPad on your Apple TV or AirPlay 2–compatible smart TV.
- Connect your iPhone or iPadto the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2–compatible smart TV.
- Open the Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later, or iPad with iPadOS or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier, or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Tap “Screen Mirroring”.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2–compatible smart TV from the list.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your iOS or iPadOS device.
Your TV uses your iOS or iPadOS device’s screen orientation and aspect ratio. To fill your TV screen with the mirrored device screen, change your TV’s aspect ratio or Zoom settings.
To stop mirroring your iOS or iPadOS device, open the Control Center, tap “Screen Mirroring” and then tap “Stop Mirroring”. Or, press the “Menu” button on your Apple TV remote.
Use AirPlay to mirror your Mac
With Apple TV or an AirPlay 2–compatible smart TV, you can mirror the entire display of your Mac to your TV or use your TV as a separate display.
- Connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2–compatible smart TV.
- Go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays, and then select “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available”.
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2–compatible smart TV.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your Mac.
Change settings or stop mirroring
To change the size of your desktop mirrored on your TV, click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar. Then select “Mirror Built-in Display” to match the size of your desktop, or “Mirror Apple TV” to match the size of your TV.
AirPlay also lets you use your TV as a separate display for your Mac. Just click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar, and then select “Use As Separate Display”.
To stop mirroring or using your TV as a separate display, click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar, and then choose “Turn AirPlay Off”. Or, press the “Menu” button on your Apple TV remote.
Android phone or tablet screen mirroring
- Make sure your phone or tablet and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the Chromecast you want to mirror your phone to.
- Tap “Cast my screen”.
- Tap “Cast screen”.
- Google will warn you not to show any passwords or other sensitive data while recording or casting your screen. Tap “Start now” to cast your screen to your Chromecast.
- You can control the volume in the Home app and also tap the “Stop mirroring” button when you’re done. And that’s it!
Your TV uses your device’s screen orientation and aspect ratio.
When you’re done casting your phone to your TV, you can find the controls for turning off screen casting in the Google Home app or in the notification shade.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
2021/22 subscription packages are on sale now! Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks.Subscribe Today
Get ticket alerts for the 2021/22 season, exclusive behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and more!Sign up for Email Club