Audience Safety Measures
Updated October 18, 2021
The 2021/22 season starts soon, and we can’t wait to share the power of live music with you! To ensure a safe and enjoyable concert experience for audiences, musicians, and staff members, the TSO and Roy Thomson Hall have jointly announced COVID-19 safety measures.
As government and venue guidelines evolve, so may these safety measures. We will be in touch with you again before your performance to confirm current protocols. Visit this page often for up-to-date information. Additional season information can be found at TSO.CA/SeasonFAQ. Links to government websites will open in a new window.
The Province of Ontario has announced a mandatory vaccination policy for theatres and concert venues.
- All patrons, 12 years of age or older, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination and a government-issued ID.
- For patrons who received their vaccinations in Ontario, documents can be accessed at covid19.ontariohealth.ca. This system only accepts information from green photo health (OHIP) cards.
- If you do not have a photo health card, call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1-833-943-3900 (available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week).
- If you received one or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine outside of Ontario, you can contact your local public health unit to record your information within the Ontario system. Proof from other jurisdictions can also be used as long as it meets the provincial requirements.
- As of October 22, 2021, the main form of vaccination proof provided by the Government of Ontario is an enhanced PDF with a QR code that can be scanned by businesses to verify your proof of vaccination along with reviewing your official ID. Older forms of official proof will still be accepted. You can find more information about the new enhanced certificates at covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-proof-help.
- Any patrons under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult who has proof of full vaccination and a government issued ID.
- Unvaccinated patrons 12 years of age and older will not be eligible for entry. For those with a medical reason for exemption, please ensure your documentation meets the requirements outlined by the Ministry of Health before you attend.
- The TSO and RTH have vaccination policies in place for musicians, guest artists, and staff. In addition, TSO musicians and guest artists are regularly tested for COVID-19.
- For more information on the provincial vaccination requirement, or for assistance obtaining your proof of vaccination, please visit covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination.
- A mask that snugly covers your nose, mouth, and chin must be worn at all times in the lobby and concert hall, except while eating or drinking.
- Roy Thomson Hall and Toronto Symphony Orchestra staff will also be masked.
Hall Capacity & Seating
As we adapt to presenting concerts in the time of COVID, a gradual approach is being taken to welcome audiences back safely and comfortably.
- Approximately 60% of available capacity will be offered for TSO performances in November at Roy Thomson Hall (roughly 1,550 seats out of 2,600).
- The Province of Ontario does not require socially distanced seating in venues where audiences are fully vaccinated and masked.
- Seating will be available in all levels of the hall, except the choir loft.
If you have questions about available seating, please contact Patron Services at 416.598.3375.
Entering Roy Thomson Hall
- All patrons will enter through the Simcoe Street doors—you will first be asked for your proof of vaccination and a government issued ID, followed by bag check and ticket scanning.
- Please maintain a physical distance of two metres when possible, including in queues inside and outside of the venue.
- Enhanced protocols are in place throughout the entire venue. High-touch areas including seats, handrails, and restrooms will be disinfected before, during, and after each performance.
- Hand sanitizing dispensers will be located prominently throughout the venue.
Health & Safety
We need your help to keep our audiences safe. If you are in quarantine or isolation, have been exposed or come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have tested positive yourself, you should not attend. Please contact TSO Patron Services at 416.598.3375 or email contactus@TSO.CA to discuss exchange or refund options before your planned performance.
We are here for you! TSO staff will be available onsite during your visit to provide assistance and guidance.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact one of our friendly Patron Services Representatives by email at contactus@TSO.CA or by calling 416.598.3375, Mon–Fri, 9:30am–5pm
Thank you for your continued support, patience, and cooperation as we work to safely bring audiences, musicians, and staff together again.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
2021/22 subscription packages are on sale now! Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks.Subscribe Today
Get ticket alerts for the 2021/22 season, exclusive behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and more!Sign up for Email Club