During the 2020/21 season, the TSO is offering two virtual Specialist High Skills Majors (SHSM) certifications, which meet the experiential learning and certification areas of the Arts & Culture and Health & Wellness programs:
- SHSM Arts & Culture—Audition Preparation Certification
- Experiential Learning
COST: $750 (up to 25 students), $900 (26–40 students)
DELIVERY: Zoom/Google Meet
DATE: Please contact us to arrange a date
Auditions are part of every orchestra musician’s life. Learn how to rise to the challenge of auditions through inside tips and tricks including mental practice, visualization, and positive self-talk. These techniques can be applied to life, not just auditions!
- Attend a 60-minute industry chat/session with a TSO musician.
- Discuss audition preparation and practice strategies that apply to interviews, presentations, auditions, and more.
- Experience live music performed by a professional musician.
- Interact and ask questions about life as a professional musician.
Music in Care
- SHSM Arts & Culture—Training in Art Therapy
- SHSM Health & Wellness—Specialized Care
COST: $30 per student
DELIVERY: YouTube Live
DATE: May 6th, 2021 (1:00pm to 2:30pm)
“From infancy to old age and at every stage in between, music can impact our cognition, communication, brain health, and overall well-being.” —Room 217 Foundation
Explore the impact of music in care settings in a 90-minute conference-style format hosted by TSO musicians and healthcare experts familiar with the role of music therapy and music care.
- Learn how the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra developed the TSOUND CONNECTIONS program, which connects TSYO and TSO musicians to seniors through music and conversation practices.
- Experience the difference between music therapy and community music exchanges.
- Explore the intersection between careers and pathways in arts and healthcare.
- Discover the music-care approach—the intentional use of music by anyone to improve health and well-being.
To make a booking, or to discuss bulk-purchasing workshops, please contact our Education department at schoolconcerts@TSO.CA.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
2021/22 subscription packages are on sale now to renewing subscribers! Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks.
Get ticket alerts for the 2021/22 season, exclusive behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and more!Sign up for Email Club