During the 2020/21 season, the TSO is offering two virtual Specialist High Skills Majors (SHSM) certifications, which meet the experiential learning and certification areas of the Arts & Culture and Health & Wellness programs:
- SHSM Arts & Culture—Audition Preparation Certification
- Experiential Learning
COST: $750 (up to 25 students), $900 (26–40 students)
DELIVERY: Zoom/Google Meet
DATE: Please contact us to arrange a date
Auditions are part of every orchestra musician’s life. Learn how to rise to the challenge of auditions through inside tips and tricks including mental practice, visualization, and positive self-talk. These techniques can be applied to life, not just auditions!
- Attend a 60-minute industry chat/session with a TSO musician.
- Discuss audition preparation and practice strategies that apply to interviews, presentations, auditions, and more.
- Experience live music performed by a professional musician.
- Interact and ask questions about life as a professional musician.
Music in Care
- SHSM Arts & Culture—Training in Art Therapy
- SHSM Health & Wellness—Specialized Care
COST: $30 per student
DELIVERY: YouTube Live
DATE: May 6th, 2021 (1:00pm to 2:30pm)
“From infancy to old age and at every stage in between, music can impact our cognition, communication, brain health, and overall well-being.” —Room 217 Foundation
Explore the impact of music in care settings in a 90-minute conference-style format hosted by TSO musicians and healthcare experts familiar with the role of music therapy and music care.
- Learn how the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra developed the TSOUND CONNECTIONS program, which connects TSYO and TSO musicians to seniors through music and conversation practices.
- Experience the difference between music therapy and community music exchanges.
- Explore the intersection between careers and pathways in arts and healthcare.
- Discover the music-care approach—the intentional use of music by anyone to improve health and well-being.
To make a booking, or to discuss bulk-purchasing workshops, please contact our Education department at schoolconcerts@TSO.CA.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks! Stay tuned for details on our momentous 100th season in 2021/22!
Get insider access to Toronto Symphony Orchestra news, ticket offers, community programs, and more.Sign up for Email Club