Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals
Patron Viewing Guide
What are Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals?
In recognition of your support as a TSO donor, you have the unique opportunity to observe the Orchestra’s preparations before a concert and get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the artistic process—all from the comfort of your home.
- These live-streamed morning rehearsals are free and available exclusively to donors giving $100 or more annually.
- These are working rehearsals, approximately 2.5 hours in length. Rehearsals will include starts and stops, and the conductor will use a microphone. A rehearsal may unfold differently than the concert program based on what the conductor feels at the time is required to ensure a great performance.
- A link to view the Donor Open Rehearsal will be emailed to you in the afternoon on the day prior to the next morning’s rehearsal.
- Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals will not be available to view once they have concluded.
To ensure you don't miss a note, we recommend logging in 15 minutes prior to the start of the rehearsal.
Patrons must RSVP for these free events. For more information on donor benefits, please contact our Donor Relations team at giving@TSO.CA or call 416.598.5311.
- How to Watch
- How do I access a Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal?
- How can I watch a Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal on my TV?
- How do I connect Chromecast to watch?
- How do I connect AirPlay and Apple TV to watch?
- What are the browser and system requirements?
- Can I watch a Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal on my mobile device?
- Troubleshooting tips
- Why won't my video play?
- What are the Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal internet-speed recommendations?
How do I access a Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal?
A link to view the Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal will be emailed to you in the afternoon on the day prior to the next morning’s rehearsal. Please note that Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals will not be available to view once they have concluded.
Unable to locate your email? Search for emails from giving@TSO.CA.
How can I watch a Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal on my TV?
You can enhance your Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal experience by streaming the performance to a TV via Chromecast, Apple TV, AirPlay, and Amazon Fire TV.
Learn more about these options below.
How do I connect Chromecast to watch?
If you have Chromecast, you can screen-mirror Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals on your TV from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
How do I connect AirPlay and Apple TV to watch?
If you have Apple TV, you can watch Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals on your television from your Apple device. Simply tap the AirPlay icon on your Apple device and share Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2–enabled smart TV.
What are the browser and system requirements?
Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals are streamed through the Vimeo platform.
You can access Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals from a PC running Windows 7 or later, or a Mac running macOS Sierra (10.12.6) or later.
You will also need to use the most up-to-date version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
Can I watch a Virtual Donor Open Rehearsal on my mobile device?
Most Apple (iOS version 12.4 or later) or Android (Lollipop version 5.0 or later) mobile devices should be able to access Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals.
If you are using a Samsung phone, we recommend installing the Chrome browser, as the Samsung internet browser is not supported.
Please note that Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals may not work on BlackBerry or Windows phones.
- Check your internet connection and test your speed.
- Try restarting your browser, app, or device.
- If you are trying to cast videos to your TV, confirm that all of your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Try closing browser tabs that aren’t in use.
- Try clearing your browser history or cache.
- Make sure you are using the Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge browsers and apps, and that they have been updated with the latest versions.
Why won't my video play?
A slow internet connection could be the problem. Check your location and the number of devices connected to your network. Both of these factors can slow things down.
A weak internet connection can also cause issues. Check the strength on your device; if it is low, try moving closer to your Wi-Fi router.
Please be sure the device and internet browser you are using meet the system requirements for streaming Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals.
Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals are streamed through Vimeo. Find a complete list of network and browser requirements for viewing streams here.
What are the Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals internet-speed recommendations?
Low internet speeds or an inconsistent connection can interfere with streaming Virtual Donor Open Rehearsals.
For consistent, high-quality streaming, we recommend a 7.0 Mbps internet connection or better.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
2021/22 subscription packages are on sale now! Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks.Subscribe Today
Get ticket alerts for the 2021/22 season, exclusive behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and more!Sign up for Email Club