Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Communications and Audience Development of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra (TSO), the Marketing Manager has direct responsibility for executing single ticket and subscription marketing campaigns for all TSO concerts. The Marketing Manager is a champion for loyalty and retention activities that deepen patrons’ relationships with the TSO.
Major Accountabilities & Duties
- Execute multi-channel single ticket and subscription campaign efforts (direct mail, email, digital, print, radio, and signage) that will help the TSO achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Prepare creative briefs for direct mail and email campaigns--including the creation of compelling marketing copy--that the Graphic Designer and Web Manager utilize during design process.
- Spearhead activities throughout the season that increase patron loyalty and retention of subscribers and single ticket buyers (examples: subscriber appreciation month, outbound thank you calling campaigns, new single ticket buyer winback offers, reactivation efforts of lapsed patrons, etc.).
- Assist Associate Vice-President, Communications and Audience Development with advertising buys and media planning for single ticket campaigns.
- Coordinate set up requests for special offers and discounts and communicate with the ticketing operations team, under the direction of the Associate VP, Communications and Audience Development.
- Work with Database Manager to build recurring email lists like concert reminders and winback retention offers.
- Assist marketing team members with invoice approvals, budget tracking, and prompt submission of invoices to the accounting department.
- Serve on a sales team that monitors ticket inventory, pricing, and sales trends.
- Provide some administrative support to the Vice-President, Marketing & Communications as needed.
- Proof marketing materials.
- Work concert duty as required by the marketing team (approximately 1-2 times per month, involving evening and weekend hours).
Experience & Qualifications
University degree required with a minimum of three (3) years experience in non-profit marketing or entertainment is preferred. The successful individual will have experience implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns that are on time and on budget and an understanding of direct marketing and customer segmentation. He/she has competencies in problem solving, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, planning and organizing, and adaptability. A passion for the arts, particularly orchestral music, is a plus.
- Strong computer proficiency required. Must have proven proficiency in G Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to write compelling marketing copy.
- Ability to maintain an attention to detail while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must bring new ideas to the marketing team while remaining open to others' ideas.
- An innate desire to understand which marketing strategies are effective while trying new things in an ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Must be highly organized and possess a strong ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
The TSO provides a comprehensive benefits plan, a collegial work environment, and opportunities for advancement.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a sample of your writing in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The writing sample should not exceed two pages, double-spaced, and may be previously written work. The sample should be something that demonstrates your ability to write compelling marketing or sales copy.
Deadline: Friday November 23, at 3:00 pm.
Anticipated Start Date: Mid-December
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra (TSO) is one of Toronto’s most important cultural institutions, recognized internationally as an outstanding orchestra and is proud to represent Canada on the world stage. The TSO exists to inspire, enrich, and engage audiences of all ages, to enhance our city, and to serve as a showcase for the beauty and power of orchestral music. It is an exciting time in the organization’s history with many new initiatives underway that will deepen the TSO’s connection with the community and provide music lovers with meaningful opportunities to get involved.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is looking for dynamic and passionate telefundraisers to start immediately.
Right here in our city, this national treasure has been bridging the gap and levelling the playing field for all students through diverse music-education programs for decades!
We are looking for passionate fundraisers to share our love of classical music and promote our charitable initiatives to our patrons—initiatives such as our music education, the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra, artistic excellence and new Canadian works, and ticket accessibility.
The ideal candidate: This opportunity is perfect for mature, professional, and articulate lovers of classical music!
Interested applicants please call Lena at 416.202.6898.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs. While the TSO thanks all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
Get insider access to Toronto Symphony Orchestra news, ticket offers, community programs, and more.Sign up