Reporting to the Vice-President, Marketing of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra (TSO), the Senior Marketing Manager has direct responsibility for creating the strategies for single ticket and subscription campaigns and patron retention activities for all TSO concerts, both in-person and online. The Senior Marketing Manager champions a data-driven approach to marketing and performs analyses to better inform future sales efforts.
Major Accountabilities & Duties
- Set strategies for multi-channel single ticket and subscription campaigns that will help the Orchestra achieve or exceed budgeted goals for subscription revenue, paid attendance, and retention.
- Oversee media planning and advertising buys for all TSO subscription and single-ticket campaigns, including direct mail, email, digital, print, radio, transit/outdoor, and signage.
- Assist VP, Marketing with subscription and single-ticket pricing and scale of hall.
- In collaboration with VP, Marketing, review discount offers for targeted patron segments and groups to align with audience development and revenue goals.
- Provide direct supervision to the Marketing Manager, ensuring satisfactory execution of single ticket and subscription activities.
- Oversee activities that increase patron loyalty and retention of subscribers and single ticket buyers.
- Create segmentation strategy for email and mail campaigns, proactively tracking results to shift future activities.
- Assist VP, Marketing and Director of Marketing Operations with invoice approvals, budget tracking, and prompt submission of invoices to the accounting department.
- Serve on a sales team that monitors ticket inventory, pricing, and sales trends.
- Proof marketing materials.
- Work concert duty as required by the marketing team.
Experience & Qualifications
University degree required with a minimum of five (5) years experience in non-profit marketing or entertainment preferred. The successful individual will have experience implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns that are on time and on budget and an understanding of direct marketing and customer segmentation. An ideal candidate has competencies in problem solving, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, planning and organizing, and adaptability. A passion for the arts, particularly orchestral music, is a plus.
- Strong computer proficiency required. Must have proven proficiency in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Tessitura database experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to write compelling marketing copy.
- Ability to maintain an attention to detail while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- An innate desire to understand which marketing strategies are effective while trying new things in an ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Must be highly organized and possess a strong ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs.
Contract Period & Work Environment
This is a contract position to cover a staff leave December 2020 until June 11, 2021. Employees are currently working from home due to COVID-19 but may be expected to work from the office at some point, conditional on health and safety considerations.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and a sample of your writing to Katie Sejba (Vice-President, Marketing) at ksejba@TSO.CA no later than December 4.
The writing sample should not exceed two pages, double-spaced, and may be previously written work. The sample should be something that demonstrates your ability to write compelling marketing or sales copy.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks! Stay tuned for details on our momentous 100th season in 2021/22!
Get insider access to Toronto Symphony Orchestra news, ticket offers, community programs, and more.Sign up for Email Club