- Coordinator of Development Operations
- Development Coordinator, Corporate and Foundations
- Telefund Staff
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is one of Toronto’s most important cultural institutions, recognized internationally as an outstanding orchestra and proud to represent Canada on the world stage. The TSO aims to inspire, enrich and engage audiences of all ages, to enhance our city, and to serve as a showcase of the beauty and power of orchestral music. It is an exciting time in the organization’s history with many new initiatives underway that will deepen the TSO’s connection with the community and provide music lovers with meaningful opportunities to get involved.
The TSO is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join a dynamic Development office. The Coordinator of Development Operations is responsible for providing donor relations and administrative support, playing an important role in the fundraising cycle and the growth of the TSO’s philanthropic revenue.
Coordinator of Development Operations
Reporting to Director of Development Operations
Full-time; compensation commensurate with experience
Data Entry and Reporting:
- Enter gifts and pledges into Tessitura database; oversee gift processing at times.
- Produce gift receipts and individualized acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process tribute gifts including preparing acknowledgment cards as requested.
- Perform regular data audits and assist in resolving data integrity issues.
- Collaborate with the finance department to complete month-end reconciliation.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Development Operations to perform routine maintenance tasks of the fundraising software, as required.
- Assist the Director of Development Operations and development team with data analysis.
Donor Relations and Development Operations:
- Provide professional, prompt and donor-centric customer service when responding to donor enquiries and requests.
- Provide training to Patron Services staff and/or volunteers on gift processing, membership programs and the fundraising cycle.
- Develop and distribute tutorials, processes, procedures and guidelines on fundraising software and tools, especially related to Tessitura.
- Represent the Development team at donor events and in the donor lounge as needed.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned, including
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications
- University degree, community college diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of relevant customer or donor relations experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator: communicates professionally and comfortably with donors and staff in person, by phone and in writing
- Good judgment, sensitivity and tact; donor-centric in approach
- High energy: ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skills, results-oriented, critical thinker
- Learns quickly, takes initiative, and works both independently and as part of a team
- Accountable, ethical, demonstrates exceptional follow-through - able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and diplomacy
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and fundraising/ticketing database applications; working knowledge of Tessitura an asset
- Experience in non-profit environment and appreciation of classical music a strong asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
Flexibility in hours and ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends (during the Sept. to June concert season) as part of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra team is required. The Toronto Symphony Orchestra provides a collegial, entrepreneurial work environment and opportunities for advancement and professional development. The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs.
To submit your candidacy, please email your resume, salary expectations, and cover letter with the subject heading "Coordinator of Development Operations" to: Brian Columbus, Director of Development Operations at email@example.com before May 27, 2019. No Phone calls please.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is one of Toronto’s most important cultural institutions, recognized internationally as an outstanding orchestra and proud to represent Canada on the world stage. The TSO inspires, enriches and engages audiences of all ages and serves as a showcase for the advancement of orchestral music. It is an exciting time in the organization’s history with many new initiatives underway that will deepen the TSO’s connection within the Toronto community and provide music lovers with meaningful opportunities to get involved.
The successful candidate is committed to creating a positive donor experience for those supporting the TSO. Strong communication and inter-personal skills, as well as a keen attention to detail are critical elements of the job. Working under the supervision of the Director, Corporate & Foundation Partnerships, this role will coordinate donor stewardship activity across the Partnerships team, support the delivery of sponsor benefits, and manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation partnerships.
- Liaise with various TSO teams to collect content and impact metrics related to donor funded programs
- Prepare insightful and donor-centric stewardship reports
- Manage team stewardship activities including mailings and event invitations
- Manage a portfolio of corporate & foundation partnerships to meet or exceed revenue goals and deliver an exceptional donor experience
- Ensure timely submission of proposals, gift acknowledgements and reports
- Prepare proposals, backgrounders and budgets for cultivation and solicitation
- Identify opportunities for growth in the Corporate & Foundations portfolio
- Maintain detailed records in the fundraising database
- Work with TSO Marketing team to manage sponsor crediting on TSO materials
- Support the Development Officer to deliver sponsor benefits on time and as outlined in partnership agreements
- Prepare annual sponsor welcome kit and summary report templates
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum one (1) year of fundraising or supporter care experience in a non-profit organization
- Exceptional writing skills: able to determine the most important information to share with supporters and the most compelling way to tell a story
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines and problem-solve with a high degree of initiative and independence
- Excellent administrative skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team culture
- High level of maturity, professional ethics and personal integrity
- Ability to understand, develop and sustain resilient and dynamic relationships with donors, colleagues and senior management
- Understanding of fundraising policies, principles and best practice
- Knowledge of fundraising databases (Tessitura or similar)
- Interest in and knowledge of orchestral music an asset
Flexibility in hours and the ability to work some evenings and/or weekends during the TSO season (September - June) is required.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra provides a collegial work environment and opportunities for advancement. TSO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs.
While the TSO thanks all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Application deadline is 9am on Monday May 27, 2019. Please send your resumé and cover letter to: employment@TSO.CA.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is looking for dynamic and passionate telefundraisers to start immediately.
Right here in our city, this national treasure has been bridging the gap and levelling the playing field for all students through diverse music-education programs for decades!
We are looking for passionate fundraisers to share our love of classical music and promote our charitable initiatives to our patrons—initiatives such as our music education, the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra, artistic excellence and new Canadian works, and ticket accessibility.
The ideal candidate: This opportunity is perfect for mature, professional, and articulate lovers of classical music!
Interested applicants please call Lena at 416.202.6898.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs. While the TSO thanks all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
Get insider access to Toronto Symphony Orchestra news, ticket offers, community programs, and more.Sign up for Email Club