Open Rehearsals—Morning with the TSO
Rae and Perry Dellio Fund
Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee
High school music teachers are invited to bring their students to a morning rehearsal at Roy Thomson Hall to observe the Orchestra's preparations before a concert.
- This is a unique learning opportunity for students to listen to and learn from professional musicians.
- Students will be seated in the choir loft directly above the musicians (pending availability) in order to derive the maximum benefit from this experience.
- Meet a TSO musician during the rehearsal break for a Q&A session about the music, rehearsal, technique, and even life as a professional musician.
This program is available to high school music classes only and is free of charge. Rehearsals are booked on a first-come, first-served basis(please note: one rehearsal may be booked per school each year). If space is still available in select rehearsals, we will re-open bookings in January 2019, and at that time, will accept bookings for students in grades 7 & 8 and high schools wishing to book a second rehearsal.
If you are interested in bringing grades 7 & 8 or booking a second rehearsal, please fill out the online booking form to be added to our January 2019 wait list. Should we still have space available come January 2019, we will contact you at that time to book one of the remaining open rehearsal spots.
Please check out our Open Rehearsal FAQ for more information.
To sign up for a Morning with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra:
- View the 2018/19 Online Open Rehearsal Schedule
- The 2018/19 Online Open Rehearsal Schedule will be updated as rehearsal dates fill up.
- Dates marked as “OPEN” have space for two classes to book.
- Dates marked as “OPEN—One Space Available” have space for one class to book.
- Dates marked as “FULL” are no longer available to be booked.
- Please email TSO Education Staff at schoolconcerts@TSO.CA to be added to our wait list.
- Fill out the new 2018/19 Online Booking Form
- Please fill out the new 2018/19 Online Booking Form.
- If space is available, an official booking confirmation will be emailed to you within 1-3 business days.
- If the rehearsal is full, your school will be added to our wait list.
For more information, please kindly contact TSO Education Staff at schoolconcerts@TSO.CA.
Give to the TSO
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is a charitable organization that relies on the support of its vibrant community to deliver outstanding programming and music education.Donate Today
Get insider access to Toronto Symphony Orchestra news, ticket offers, community programs, and more.Sign up