An Update on COVID-19
While the hall is now silent, the music will return! We miss all of our audiences and yearn to be back together. Music Director Gustavo Gimeno is at home in Amsterdam working hard to ensure that our 2020/21 season will inspire and elevate you when we emerge from these unprecedented times.
Musicians from your Toronto Symphony Orchestra continue to make magical musical moments from home as an expression of their commitment to you. You’ll discover live performances, interviews, virtual concerts, and more on the TSO Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. Please enjoy this musical gift of “I’ll Be Seeing You” from our TSO musicians.
Ticketholders have been contacted with options. If you are a ticketholder, please check your email or voicemail for more information. We will work with you to prioritize your individual preferences for how you would like your 2019/20 tickets to be handled.
We would like to thank our community—subscribers, donors, patrons, musicians, artistic collaborators, and staff—for your support and commitment. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Chief Executive Officer
Toronto Symphony Orchestra
Updated April 14, 2020
The following concerts are cancelled:
- March 13–15, 2020 (Pictures at an Exhibition)
- April 1, 2, 4 & 5, 2020 (Lisiecki Plays Beethoven’s Emperor)
- April 8, 9 & 11, 2020 (Gimeno, Yuja Wang & Brahms)
- April 14 & 15, 2020 (Classic Broadway: Rodgers & Hammerstein)
- April 20–24, 2020 (School Concerts)
- April 26, 2020 (Symphonic Fairy Tales)
- April 29, May 1 & 2, 2020 (Oundjian Conducts Mahler)
- May 3, 2020 (TSYO 46th Season Finale)
- May 13 & 14, 2020 (Angela Hewitt Returns)
- May 22 & 23, 2020 (Beethoven 5)
- May 24, 2020 (Relaxed Performance: mad.sad.glad)
- May 26 & 27, 2020 (Frank & Ella)
- June 4 & 6, 2020 (Rachmaninoff’s Symphonic Dances)
- June 10, 11, 13 & 14, 2020 (All Beethoven)
- June 17, 20 & 21, 2020 (Davis Conducts & Plays Saint-Saëns Organ Symphony)
- June 23 & 24, 2020 (Dancing in the Street: The Music of Motown)
The following performances are postponed:
- April 18, 2020 (Joe Hisaishi in Concert at Meridian Hall) is rescheduled to June 26, 2021.
- May 7–9, 2020 (Star Wars: The Force Awakens—In Concert) is rescheduled to May 13–15, 2021. No action is required on your part if you currently have tickets—your seat(s) have automatically been transferred into the new equivalent performance date, and you will receive your new tickets via your preferred delivery method in August.
Previous Date & Time
New Date & Time
Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 7:30pm
Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:30pm
Friday, May 8, 2020 at 7:30pm
Friday, May 14, 2021 at 7:30pm
Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 12:30pm
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 12:30pm
Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 7:30pm
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 7:30pm
- June 26 & 27, 2020 (FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Orchestra World Tour) will be rescheduled to May 20 & 21, 2021.
- May 13–15, 2021 (Star Wars: The Last Jedi—In Concert) is postponed until the 2021/22 season.
Please note: To support efforts to contain COVID-19 and follow direction from our public health leaders for social distancing, TSO Patron Services Representatives are working from secure, remote locations and ready to assist you over the phone during regular business hours, Mon–Fri, 9:00am–5:00pm. We will be ceasing in-person service until further notice. The Roy Thomson Hall Box Office has ceased both in-person and phone service.
The following are resources that you can use to keep updated:
Give to the TSO
All gifts to the TSO's Annual Fund received by June 30, 2020, will be matched dollar for dollar up to $100,000 by the Barrett Family Foundation.Donate Today
Subscribers get the best seats at the best prices, plus an array of exciting perks! Gustavo Gimeno's first season as TSO Music Director is on sale now.Subscribe Today
Get insider access to Toronto Symphony Orchestra news, ticket offers, community programs, and more.Sign up for Email Club