2013/2014 Rehearsal & Performance Schedule
TYSO members are required to check email daily and note all schedule updates. Attendance at all rehearsals, concerts, masterclasses, and other activities is mandatory.
All rehearsals take place at the Edward Johnson Building (University of Toronto Faculty of Music) unless indicated otherwise.
TSYO MEMBERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN MUSIC STAND TO EVERY REHEARSAL.
General Rules for Any Orchestra
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the rehearsal for setting up and warming up.
- If you have forgotten or have lost your music, contact TSYO Manager Rachel Robbins in plenty of time before the beginning of the rehearsal.
- A pencil (with eraser) should always be on everybody's music stand, and inside string players must mark their own parts as well.
- The concertmaster will start tuning 5 minutes before the beginning of the rehearsal. Tuning should be fast and professional - no "warming up" here.
- The rehearsal starts as soon as the conductor enters.
- When the conductor stops the music, please stop immediately and do not finish the phrase.
- When the conductor rehearses with other players, do not chat, but listen and learn something useful for your own part. The same applies to players who are resting.
- When counting rests, do not rely on other players.
Always count for yourself (or know your cue well).
- Woodwind players should always bring playable spare reeds and mouthpieces. "Scraping" and "testing" can cause unwanted delays.
- At the end of the rehearsal, make sure you remember or write down any important information you need for the next rehearsal.
TSYO Manager, Rachel Robbins, is available before every rehearsal and during the break to answer questions, help solve problems and to collect anything due. Please try to address issues during the week by e-mailing Rachel Robbins at email@example.com or by phoning her office at 416.593.7769 ext. 372.