2013/2014 TSYO Concerto Competition
Friday January 17, 2013, 3:00pm-9:00pm
Knox College Chapel, University of Toronto (59 St. George Street)
Attending the TSYO Concerto competition is free and open to the public.
Applicants for the TSYO Concerto Competition will perform for a jury (consisting of TSYO faculty members). All parents and friends are welcome to attend. The winners of the TSYO Concerto Competition will have an opportunity to perform with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra in one of its concerts for young people, or with the Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra.
- Applicants must be current TSYO members in good standing.
- Applicants will play a complete movement from a concerto or a large solo work of own choice.
- Applicants must supply an accompanist.
- The concerto or solo piece must be written for soloist with orchestral accompaniment.
- The maximum length of the movement must not be more than 10 minutes (firm; please make cuts, as necessary).
Please try to coordinate your accompanist so musicians with the same accompanist can be grouped close together. Please bring at least one copy of your music for the jury.
TSYO members interested in participating should hand in a completed application form no later than Saturday, November 30, 2013. Please ensure that timing, key and number of your concerto are correct. Any special requests for performance time should be noted on application form.
Application forms will be made available to orchestra members after October 5, 2013.
For more information, please contact Rachel Robbins, TSYO Manager at 416.593.7769 ext. 372 or by e-mail at