Members of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra are available to lead masterclasses, clinics, and sectionals for high school bands or orchestras. These educational sessions are designed to enrich existing music programmes and can be customized to suit your students' needs and interests. These programmes can focus on a variety of topics including solo and orchestral performance, instrument technique, or they can focus on specific repertoire.
Masterclass: Select students perform a prepared solo for their classmates. The TSO musician will provide immediate feedback on each performance. A masterclass provides a learning opportunity for all of the students to benefit from watching the TSO musician work with each soloist.
Clinic: A TSO musician works with a group of students on specified repertoire or general technique. Clinics are generally separated into Strings, Winds/Brass, or Percussion. Often clinics have larger groups of students and are great opportunities for a Q&A period with the TSO musician.
Instrument Sectional: A TSO musician works with a small group of students who all play the same instrument. They may work on specified repertoire or general technique.
Please note that the TSO is not able to provide a classroom for these programmes. Typically, a TSO musician would travel to your school for these sessions. If you are a group visiting Toronto, we ask that you secure your own venue and the TSO musician will travel to your location.
For more information and a quote, please email the following information to Rachel Robbins, TSYO Manager & Education Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you wish to book a masterclass, clinic, or sectional?
- Where is your classroom/venue located?
- For which instrument(s) do you require instruction?
- If you are requesting a masterclass, how many students would you like to perform?
- If you are requesting a clinic or a sectional, how many students will be in each group?
- What is the level of your students?
- What repertoire or techniques would you like the TSO musician to work on with your class?
- Any other information that will help us tailor the programme to your needs