A limited number of Bursaries will be available to TSYO participants based solely on their need for financial assistance. Bursary recipients will be determined by September 27, 2013. Bursary applications will be kept in strict confidentiality, reviewed only by the TSYO Manager and TSO Director of Education.
To apply for a Bursary, musicians over the age of 18, or parents/guardians on behalf of musicians aged 17 and under must submit:
- A cover letter that includes their name, address, and the number of dependants. You must outline the reasons for applying. Students aged 18 and older must list all/any sources of income.
- 2. A copy of your 2012 Notice of Assessment (provided by Revenue Canada). For students aged 17 and under, please include the Notice of Assessment for any/all parents/guardians. This information must be post-marked or submitted by August 9, 2013. Late applications will not be accepted.
Bursary applications should be submitted to:
Rachel Robbins, TSYO Manager
Toronto Symphony Youth Orchestra
212 King street West, 6th Floor
Toronto, ON M5H 1K5
TSYO Awards are merit-based and granted at the discretion of the TSYO conductor, coaching staff and management. All musicians participating in TSYO will be considered for an award, and no application is required. Award recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- Overall commitment to TSYO
- Demonstrating leadership within the orchestra (performance and attitude)
- Attendance & Punctuality (regular attendance and arriving on time to all TSYO-related events/rehearsals)
- Playing Excellence (includes overall performance and improvement)
Award winners will be announced at the Spring Concert in May 2014.
Questions regarding the award process may be addressed to Rachel Robbins, TSYO Manager at
email@example.com or 416.593.7769 x372.